Kansas Bar, 2002
Virginia Bar, 2003
University of Kansas School of Law, J.D. 2002
- Media Law and Public Policy Certificate Program
- Dow Jones News Fund copy editor intern for The Washington Post
- Reporter for The Kansas City Star
University of Kansas, B.S., 1999, Journalism
- Graduated with Highest Distinction
- Copy editor, reporter, Opinion Page Editor, Managing Editor, and Editor-in-Chief of the University Daily Kansan
Ann’s practice is focused on Estate Planning, where she helps families plan for themselves and future generations with wills, trusts, and estate plans. Prior to joining Stevens & Brand, Ann had her own law practice in Lawrence. Originally from McPherson, Kansas, Ann attended undergraduate and law school at the University of Kansas. Upon graduation, she moved to Washington, D.C., and then spent the next 15 years moving around the country and overseas with her husband, who is a Navy JAG. These moves brought enormous opportunities for legal practice.
Ann practiced complex torts litigation at a firm in Virginia, provided legal assistance to military service members and their families in Europe, and was counsel in the United States Senate. As counsel in the Senate, Ann advised and staffed Senator Ben Nelson, a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee and the Senate Armed Services Committee, on policies and budgets affecting national security, foreign affairs, and veterans affairs.
Ann lives in Lawrence with her husband and two children.